Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY child gripper socks

Back in October when the weather started turning colder I set out to make some socks for our twinners that they could wear around the house without slipping all over the place. These DIY gripper socks worked awesome! But they outgrew them all too quickly so for Christmas I decided to make them a bunch more in the next size up. 

I bought a bunch of socks from Walmart and some fabric puff paint and got to work!


I learned from my last gripper sock experience that while I may draw a killer butterfly and rainbow I seriously stink at drawing things like airplanes, rockets, and cars. This time around I sketched out an image and put it next to the sock to help myself out a little bit. 




Ironically, I struggled the most with the simplest image I chose (car) and I ended up liking the slightly more complex images of the sailboat and airplane much better. Go figure. 

The sailboats are by far my favorite.


Here is pic of the whole lot I did.



If you don't want to be bothered pairing the different images together you of course can just do the same image on all the socks instead. Apparently, I am a glutton for punishment in this area. I also did a few with their names. I think this would be a great way to quickly tell socks apart if you have two kids close in age (or size).

2 comments:

  1. Love this! My niece is also growing out of the 'gripper socks' sizes - I will definitely be making these for her for Christmas. Instead of lightning bolts and Batman logos, I think I will need to do flowers and hearts! Thanks!....



    socks for kids | kids socks for sale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...